Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I Don't Know What Modesty Is Anymore | Verily Merrily Mary

I Don't Know What Modesty Is Anymore | Verily Merrily Mary



I Don't Know What Modesty Is Anymore | Verily Merrily Mary http://www.verilymerrilymary.com/2015/02/i-dont-know-what-modesty-is-anymore.html



"Attraction is not a bad thing. Finding someone alluring is not a bad thing. It's what you do with it. At least I think it is. And I do realize that, as a Christian, how I dress is supposed to be God-honoring. As such, my refusal to wear certain things when it comes to modesty comes from a place of conviction, not shame and guilt as imposed by others. I also realize that modesty does not look the same for everyone who practices it as it is also shaped by our personal tastes in dress, body types, and the cultures we inhabit.



So what is modesty? Is it an introspective thing or is it the shaming of women in the church for wearing certain things and catering to not making the diverse men they will encounter stumble? The more that I think about it and the more I explore, I realize that I don't know what modesty is anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment