Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Slut-Shaming is a Shame | Just Bare With Us

Slut-Shaming is a Shame | Just Bare With Us



Slut-Shaming is a Shame | Just Bare With Us http://justbarewithus.wordpress.com/2014/12/31/slut-shaming-is-a-shame/



"I’ve been called a slut, a whore, a skank. It used to bother me. I cried myself to sleep. I cut. I believed something was wrong with me, that I wasn’t that nice girl anymore because I did things with people. I was worthless and dirty. I hid the fact that I really, really like kinky sex. Ironically, I like slutty sex. And the things people say about girls who like that stuff? Horrible. Men loved it because, why wouldn’t they? They thought I’d be easy, and because I wasn’t it somehow solidified my status as a slut. I was genuinely confused. Why did people think that? What had I done wrong? And what the hell about the guys I was with? I was desperate for attention that was positive, dying to feel like I could make someone happy, but I didn’t exactly sleep around. But everyone, parents included, thought I was a whore. God, I hated myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment